For Freedoms Data Protection Privacy Notice
Effective: November 26, 2019
Our Commitment To Privacy
For Freedoms Federation (“For Freedoms”) takes your personal privacy interests seriously. This Privacy Notice explains how For Freedoms collects, uses, shares and otherwise processes your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data privacy laws in connection with your relationship with For Freedoms as a client, as someone acting on behalf of a For Freedoms client, or as someone with a general interest in our services and our publications.
Founded in 2016 by artists Hank Willis Thomas and Eric Gottesman, For Freedoms is a platform for creative civic engagement, discourse, and direct action. If you have additional questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact For Freedoms at [email protected] orFor Freedoms Federation, LLC63 Flushing Avenue Building 280, Unit 220 Brooklyn, New York 11205
I. The Personal Data That For Freedoms May Collect About You
A. Information You Provide To Us
You may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information (“Personal Data”) via For Freedoms’ website, at forfreedoms.org (the “For Freedoms Website” or the “Website”), in order to set up an account, register to attend an event or an exhibition, sign up to receive our newsletter or other informational updates, access various content or features on the For Freedoms Website, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number;
- username and password information;
- information about your social media accounts that you may provide to us when reserving your attendance at an event or exhibition;
- photographs or video images of you, including those that you have provided in setting up an account with For Freedoms;
- educational, professional or employment related information;
- location data;
- events and exhibitions attended; and
- any other information you may provide to us (e.g., if you contact us by letter, telephone, email or any other means of electronic or personal communication).
In addition, For Freedoms makes available certain apparel and merchandise for sale, including via the For Freedoms online shop hosted by Shopify, available at forfreedoms.myshopify.com (the “For Freedoms Online Store”), and from in person sales. For these sales, our processors collect the following Personal Data:
- contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number; and
- credit card details.
Please note that when you purchase For Freedoms apparel, our processors do not provide us with your credit card details.
B. Data Collected Automatically Via Cookies Or Other Technologies
For Freedoms Website
For Freedoms Online Store
The For Freedoms Online Store is powered by Shopify, which collects information in order to interact with the online store. In particular, For Freedoms collects our customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, and information about the device and browser you use.We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information (for example, IP addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time. For more information about the information collected by Shopify via the For Freedoms Online Store, please visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacyThe For Freedoms Online Store also utilizes the following cookies:
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Online Store:
Name - Function
- _ab - Used in connection with access to admin.
- _orig_referrer - Used in connection with shopping cart.
- _secure_session_id - Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
- Cart - Used in connection with shopping cart.
- cart_sig - Used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ts - Used in connection with checkout.
- checkout_token - Used in connection with checkout.
- Secret - Used in connection with checkout.
- Secure_customer_sig - Used in connection with customer login.
- storefront_digest - Used in connection with customer login.
Reporting and Analytics Cookies
Name - Function
- _landing_page - Track landing pages.
- _orig_referrer - Track landing pages.
- _s - Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_fs - Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_s - Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_sa_p - Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_sa_t - Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_uniq - Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_visit - Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_y - Shopify analytics.
- _y -Shopify analytics.
- tracked_start_checkout - Shopify analytics relating to checkout.
II. For Freedoms’ Purpose In Using Your Personal Data
For Freedoms processes your Personal Data in order to:
- Fulfill your purchase of For Freedoms merchandise or apparel;
- Facilitate, organize, and support events and exhibitions organized by For Freedoms, including those you plan to attend or participate in;
- Create or administer your or your organization’s account with For Freedoms;
- Supply news and information regarding For Freedoms and the programs it sponsors;
- Provide information regarding events, exhibitions, or other services that we think may be of interest to you or that you have requested information about;
- Respond to your questions, comments or requests sent to us via email or postal mail; and
- Engage in any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
For Freedoms will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it is collected, unless For Freedoms reasonably considers that it needs to use your Personal Data for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If For Freedoms needs to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, For Freedoms will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows it to do so.
III. With Whom For Freedoms May Share Your Personal Data
When using your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal bases described above, For Freedoms may share your Personal Data with the following:
- any sub-contractors, agents, consultants, advisers or service providers of For Freedoms where disclosure is necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth above in Section II;
- third parties with whom For Freedoms engages for its own marketing initiatives (note that For Freedoms does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes); and
- law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other governmental or supervisory bodies in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order, and to counter any attempted breach of security of our Website, or a physical threat to you or others.
Please note that we do not sell your personal information or otherwise transfer your personal data to third-parties who wish to use it for their own marketing promotions or other purposes.
IV. How Long Will For Freedoms Retain Your Personal Data?
For Freedoms will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
V. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
For Freedoms does not intentionally collect information from those we know are under the age of sixteen, and no part of our web site is intended to attract anyone under sixteen.
Protecting your privacy and your information is our top priority. We have established physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect against the loss, disclosure, alteration, misuse or unauthorized access of personal information both online and offline. While we take reasonable efforts to ensure the security of information, there is no guarantee that any data transmitted over the internet or stored via our website is 100% secure. This is the case for any users of and service providers on the internet.
VII. Links To Third Party Websites
The For Freedoms Website and Online Store contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another website. For Freedoms is not responsible for the privacy policies or other practices of such websites and encourages you to read their privacy statements, as their policies may differ from ours. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information collected on the For Freedoms Website and Online Store.
VIII. Changes To This Privacy Notice
For Freedoms recognizes that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and will, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice as it undertakes new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies.
IX. Further information
If you have any concerns or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact For Freedoms.